Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6: Honor someone special

Tonight my heart hurts. A few weeks ago, I met a young girl through an online blog co-authored by her parents raw and very real perspective. Her name and one that I'll carry in my heart forever, like many others will - Shannon O'Hara.

http://ohara-family.blogspot.com/

Read her story. Honor her. Keep her memory alive. Donate to Brain cancer Research. (brainstogetherforacure.org)

A tribute video made by my dear friend Chris Conte (it's so beautiful)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZcb-bMcRfQ&sns=em

I did not know her. But I fell in love with her soulful brown eyes and soft smile and the words that blossomed line by line on her blog.

Some lyrics from Celine Dions "Fly, fly little wing" that spoke to my heart when my niece left this earth, too soon for us to bear.

"Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet"

Shannon, I honor you. <3

Prayer of peace and comfort to Dan, Jen, Erin and all that love Shannon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment