Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14: Locks of Love

The day is finally here. I've been growing my hair out for Locks of Love. December 2010, I met a young girl at a Tonic Sol Fa concert I was volunteering at. She came up and bought some cd's. Her hair was a beautiful shade of red and the style/cut framed her ivory heart shaped face so perfectly. I exclaimed over her hair and asked if she received compliments on it often. She said yes and went on to explain that it was a wig, donated through Locks of Love. It was not the response I had expected. I assumed I would hear that her mother had the same shade, etc. etc. Her hair looked natural and she had an elegant confidence about it.

I googled Locks of Love after our conversation. She and the testimonies on the site inspired me to grow my hair out.

So, here we are. Tonight I'll be attending the KTTC Eagle Cancer Telethon to watch a friends daughter sing, and afterwards, donate my hair.

Result: I admit, I've become attached to my hair. But, a young child or teen can walk with the same elegant confidence, as this young girl did, and that's all that really matters.

I'll post after pics tonight. :)
Not ONE pigtail, but two! I have alot of hair :-o
About to get my hair cut at KTTC Eagle Cancer Telethon

I feel so much lighter!
Yep. I really got it cut! :-o


Karlys said...

This gift of yours is going to be such a blessing to some child!

Emily said...

Way to go!!!!!

Post a Comment