Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14: Locks of Love

The day is finally here. I've been growing my hair out for Locks of Love. December 2010, I met a young girl at a Tonic Sol Fa concert I was volunteering at. She came up and bought some cd's. Her hair was a beautiful shade of red and the style/cut framed her ivory heart shaped face so perfectly. I exclaimed over her hair and asked if she received compliments on it often. She said yes and went on to explain that it was a wig, donated through Locks of Love. It was not the response I had expected. I assumed I would hear that her mother had the same shade, etc. etc. Her hair looked natural and she had an elegant confidence about it.

I googled Locks of Love after our conversation. She and the testimonies on the site inspired me to grow my hair out.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html

So, here we are. Tonight I'll be attending the KTTC Eagle Cancer Telethon to watch a friends daughter sing, and afterwards, donate my hair.

Result: I admit, I've become attached to my hair. But, a young child or teen can walk with the same elegant confidence, as this young girl did, and that's all that really matters.

I'll post after pics tonight. :)
Before
Not ONE pigtail, but two! I have alot of hair :-o
About to get my hair cut at KTTC Eagle Cancer Telethon

I feel so much lighter!
Yep. I really got it cut! :-o

2 comments:

Karlys said...

This gift of yours is going to be such a blessing to some child!

Emily Anne Carson said...

Way to go!!!!!

Post a Comment