Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1: Sober Cab

Well. Today marks the first day in my new years resolution - 366 acts (leap year) of kindness. Each day I've committed to following through on a significant act (really, no rules other then I can't just shake someone's hand and say hello - it has to be significant - like volunteer, or make somewhat of an impact in my time and someone (s) elses life...)

The act presented itself in the wee morning of the first day of the year - sober cab for my friends. One that I don't tend to be ;-) but since I'm unable to consume copious amounts of alcohol (due to my headache medication)- it ended up being the perfect first act!

The result: 3 people were returned home safely.

Side note: I've had several people say they didn't think anyone could keep up and do an act each day. Just wait and see :) I'm not breaking this new years resolution. It took me awhile to get the guts to commit to it and I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I wasnt looking for easy - and it's not for myself. And for that, it's a fitting new years resolution!

Happy new year! Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings in Leaps of kindness!

P.s. How do you like the title, "Leaps of Kindness" = Leap Year? Fun, huh. Or super cheesy ;-) haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment