Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 337: Help college student with math

I know what some of you are thinking. Help someone with math? Danielle? haha.

I sort of did. I went and picked up the college student I have been mentoring periodically. He needed help with putting together his final essays and work on some math. I took one look at the math problems....mind.blown. I had to post on my facebook page to see out the help from many of my math guru friends! But we got it squared away.

He got his essays figured out (I put together questions for him and then laid out how an essay should look like)

When I dropped him off, he asked if he could give me a hug and thanked me for my help. Sometimes all someone needs is someone to have another persons back. A cheerleader saying you can do it.

(I think my blog is caught up! Hath no fear, acts of kindness occur daily! It can be a bit of a struggle getting this posted because Madi,my adorable cute little daughter likes to stay up during the time I usually posted this. :))



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminded me of something that I did the other week; I was asked to help a boy a few years younger than me with his maths homework, and I had to recruit some of my maths-obsessed friends to the rescue! Needless to say, I did almost nothing, yet when all four of us had finally worked out the answer ( I just provided the moral support) I felt happy all the same.
Hmmm...maybe maths has definitely got more difficult? I can't quite remember it being so excruciatingly painful when I used to labour through it.

Trikle Trade said...

Nice posting.Thank you for sharing this post such a useful information.
pay it forward movement
Acts of Kindness

Post a Comment