Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 59: Hold the elevator for someone

There's always opportunities for acts o kindness. For strangers, friends, loved ones, families....

This evening, I left work heading towards the parking ramp elevator where I park. As I was entering the elevator, in the corner of my eye, I saw a man walking briskly towards the elevator too. He was quite abit aways.

I entered the elevator and stuck my arm out waiting for him. He came rushing in and had a huge smile on his face swiftly asking in surprise "Did you wait for me?!?" I smiled genuinely and said "I did! I'm in no rush and you were only paces behind me"

His response "That was such a kind thing to do"

When I got to my floor and as I was leaving the elevator, he earnestly said "Thanks again. Have a really great night"

And I thought to myself. I will. Especially now :)

It takes but a moment. A simple gesture of kindness to touch someone's heart and soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment