Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 40: Shake a hand and really mean it

As I was leaving a meeting this morning, I grinned a "Have a GREAT day" and shook a gentlemans hand with genuine gusto!

His face brightened and he returned the greeting.

From one of my favorite books "The Other 90%:" by Robert K. Cooper, he describes an interaction with a young girl whos family was trying to enter a Tibet temple. The guards wouldn't let them enter. Mr. Cooper tried to help, to no avail. However, the family invited him to eat with them. They ate and as he was leaving, in her language, the young girl asked Mr. Cooper if in America "Do you honor each other?"

That really spoke to me. I hope it speaks to you. May we make it a point to take a moment to be present and honor each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment