Friday, February 3, 2012

Day 34: Send warmth to the neighbor

Today was a tough day. I'm a pretty open book, I wear my heart on my sleeve. I know I'm not the only person that goes through things. My relationship ended today. Nothing hurts worse then a break up.

And nothing is harder then trying to think beyond your own hurt and think of someone else. Today I felt deflated and just going through the motions.

As I was sitting here tonight, I thought to myself what would my act of kindness be. What could I possibly do to make someone else's day when I couldn't really make my own day!

And then I realized, this is the perfect moment to do an act of kindness. People experience unlucky, unfair things. Noone is exempt. And it's what we do when it happens - that defines our new path. And I choose to bounce back and continue to focus on positive things, like this blog. :)

So the act of kindness happened. I got a candle and wrote a note. I walked outside, the cold air - breathing life back into me. I opened the neighbors mailbox and placed the gifts inside.

Who knows. That candle may warm my neighbors soul, which may have been needed. I know it did me.

When I walked back, I realized I have so much to be grateful for. My health. My daughter (Its her birthday today!) My best friend. Her son. The roof over our heads. And my strength.

Thanks for reading and following <3

And to those that bestowed acts of kindness towards me today - a simple thank you just doesn't seem like enough.

0 comments:

Post a Comment