Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 54: Deliver a home cooked meal

This was one of the nights I was looking forward to. I had arranged through one of my close friends to bring dinner over to her mom tonight. But it wasn't going to be just any dinner - it was going to be a healthy scrumptious HOME COOKED dinner!

When I attended the Go Red for Women (American Heart Association) event last week, I picked up 2 recipe books for healthy hearts. This was the perfect set up for the dinner I was going to make for my friends mom. She's a special lady. She has opened up her home to me during a holiday, I don't have family close and this meant so much to me. I couldn't wait to bestow her with kindness that I had received.

If you had walked in my house you would have smelled this wonderful mixed sweet aroma of browned pork, apples, onions...

Pork medallions in apple chunk cream sauce, caesar salad, herb rice, green beans, creamed corn and bread rounded up the menu.

When we dropped off the meal, my friends mom was so overjoyed and I felt my heart filling with so much happiness and pleasure at making someone feel loved and thought of.

A couple of my other close friends came over and after we delivered the meal, I made another batch for them too!

This really is what life is about. With all the bad stuff that happens in the world, I hope that myself, and many kind acts that people commit cancel and keep canceling those bad acts out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment