Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 33: Offer to help a new mom

As we boarded the plane today, I noticed a new mom and her young infant.

Those that have come before us all know how tough it is to maneuver a newborn, all the stuff that comes along with them: diaper bag, bottles, blankets, extra clothes, car seats, strollers, pack and plays - you're basically moving an entire house. A compact seat in a plane is just the worse!

I knew how she felt. She was alone with her baby, with all this "stuff" with her.

I offered to help. She was very appreciative but was going to wait till everyone got off the plane (I had a string of people behind me waiting) and one of the flight attendants was going to help.

Offering still shows genuine kindness :) While I was disappointed that she didn't need the help, I could tell it meant a lot to have someone offer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment