Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 118: Protect everyone's skin

Today I stayed home sick (I ended up getting what my daughter had this week, and I don't think it helped that I'm worn out) It was awful. Sore throat, lymph nodes swollen and I spent from 1am in the morning till noon - puking (and towards the end dry heaving) very unenjoyable, exhausting and unglamorous. Sorry for the TMI - but, my main reason for bringing it up was that I had offers from friends in support and "ammunition" brought over to combat the symptoms. Thank you Kary and Alissa for the sprite, emergen-c, chicken noodle soup, jello, and Tylenol. I really do have incredible kind friends.

Also. When I originally posted about this new years resolution, I had some people asking me how I could possibly do a kind act if I was sick that day.

And I told them, no matter what - I WILL do a kind act every day, even if I'm on my death bed!

This afternoon, I was browsing Facebook while laying down. A friend posted this article (thanks Travis)

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/a-death-by-suntan-at-age-26-1227159.html

After I read it, I cried. My heart broke for Glenna and her family. She died at 26 from something totally preventable.

We care so much about our appearance that sometimes we do things that could jeopardize our health.

I don't want to get in a debate about tanning. But I do want to express the desire of trying to protect our skin.

I had 4 moles removed and biopsies several years ago. I know the reason I got them was from not using sunscreen. Now I use the highest SPF! also, my "glow" is spray tan :) love it!

Tonight I donated to glennas fund. You can see the pie chart of exactly where donations go.

http://www.glennasfund.org/funding_distribution/funding_distribution.html

Wear sunscreen :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment