Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Day 102: Spend quality time with a friend

No. I'm not talking just a normal hang out, both on our phones, chatting and not really listening.

Today I spent time with a friend I've always admired but haven't gotten the opportunity to really sit down: no phones, no distractions and really talk - eye to eye - truly listen.

Why is this an act of kindness? Listening is something I'm constantly working on - to do better. People know that they matter when you hear them. I want people to know that they matter. I feel that as a burning number one goal of mine during my time on earth. That every person I interact with, chat with - I want people to know they matter.

One minute turned into almost two hours without us really realizing it.

Everything I was suppose to do tonight ....- well, sometimes I need to fill my cup so I can fill other people's cup. And tonight both our souls got rejuvenated.

Friendship is a beautiful thing. Friends become family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment