Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day 291: Rooting a friend on

A year ago I encountered a status on Facebook that was a cry for help. I didn't know this person very well. I have many different people on my Facebook from going comedy, or events, etc.

Many thought it was a joke - I erred on the side of caution and took it seriously. I started asking who knew the person well, and urged support in getting help that was very much needed.

I wanted this person to know that they mattered.

Late that morning, there was a status posted stating that help was being pursued.

A year later (yesterday) I saw in my newsfeed engagement photos.

Beautiful.

I sent this person a note tonight congratulating them on their engagement and to also let this person know that I continue to follow their journey, and I'm rooting them on.

Amazing how complete strangers can become friends, just by showing another human being that they matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment