Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 280: A tiny kindness warrior is born

I'm catching up on my acts of kindness....for good reason. My sweet little daughter decided to arrive at 7:30 am on October 6th. Hallelujah! I was ready. :)

She arrived with my closest friends surrounding her and I in the delivery room. I couldn't have asked for a better labor and delivery after everything her and I have experienced the past few weeks.

My promise to her is that she will be raised with the awareness and selflessness that I'm trying to learn, grow in and advocate for myself and others. My hope for her is that she'll live a blessed life and a deep understanding of what it means to love and be loved. That family isn't defined by what society tells us, but by those that stick around to be there through the good and the bad. I'll be by her side through it all.

I am so glad you are my daughter, Madison Jean. You are loved by so many, especially your big sister and I.

0 comments:

Post a Comment