Monday, June 4, 2012

Day 156: Compliment a stranger

You know, for someone who's very extroverted, it can still be a challenge putting yourself out there :)

There were two instances that I paid someone I didn't know a compliment. At lunch, as I was rounding a corner, I saw a guy out of the corner of my eye walking behind me carrying two huge bags of newspapers. At first, I wasn't going to say anything, he looked busy and on mission. And then I decided too. I turned around a said "Those bags look mighty heavy!" He responded with a smile and said he was close to switching routes so he wouldn't be on foot as much. I told him he made it look easy. :)

The other act was on my way to my car after work. I noticed a wine tugging a rolling laptop case. Attached to it was an umbrella holder. I complimented her on it and expressed my admiration of her impeccable organization skills compared to my own lugging a massive purse with envelopes and papers sticking it.

“Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.”

- Mother Teresa

0 comments:

Post a Comment