Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 64: Share positive affirmations

(I moved the rolo cookies gift to tomorrow, giving them to my daughters teacher :)) this act overtook today )

Today, I was reminded of this video I had seen before on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Many people have seen it, many haven't. It's a must see. The video is of a young girl (about 5-6 years old) that tells herself positive affirmations in the mirror.

Some people may find this a little wacky.

But studies have proven that negative self talk takes over the subconscious AND a lot of perceptions start at a very young age -basically, this girls age - and creates a foundation that helps form individuals views as they get older. Start the positive self talk young! And if you haven't started yet - do it today. Right now :)

So, today, I showed this video to my daughter. She loved it and said "I can do anything!"

We will be doing our own version of positive affirmations from now on.

An important one "True beauty is not what you see on the outside, it's how you give from the inside"

0 comments:

Post a Comment