Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 201: Have a great day!

This morning my daughter and I were scrambling out of the house. It was organized chaos. She was going on a field trip and I still needed to get cash for her to take with her. We stopped by Kwik Trip, got some waters for each of us then debited some cash. We chatted with the cashier, more of an selective effort on my part to not rush the interaction and take time to really acknowledge and appreciate a complete stranger. As I we left, I warmly told him to have a great day.

My daughter ran back to him and emphasized running the point home "have a great GREAT day!!!!"

She came up to me and said "I did an act of kindness momma!"

It's nice to see her identify that it's the smallest of gestures that have the greatest effect. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment