Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 152: First day of college and welcome new classmates

Today was my first day back at college after four years. I've attempted college twice and didn't have the drive or motivation necessary to complete it.

I can tell this time is different. I know that I'm not going to get anywhere without a degree. I also know that I have a lot of potential, drive and passion that will help motivate my to complete college this time around. It's important for myself but also my children.

The course I'm taking is online, called Art Appreciation. Every week, there's several discussions threads. Our first initial post was to introduce ourselves! We are also suppose to welcome at least one other classmate. I decided to welcome every classmate as my act of kindness today!

And I did, with who's posted so far. I already enjoy my instructor. She's engaging and responsive. You can tell she takes great interest in the course and our work.

Now, I'm off the grid for the night to start my reading of 105 textbook pages from the book "Gateways to Art". I'm sure I'll be art savvy after I've completed this course!

0 comments:

Post a Comment