Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 145: Help the janitor

On schedule, on my way to my car, leaving work, I say "Hello" to the janitor. He's there, faithfully, every day - mopping the hallways and uses this industrial cleaner to mop it. I have NEVER seen him miss a day of work. Dependent on when I leave work, I generally know where he'll be in his mopping process.

As I was leaving work today, the two big double doors were closed. He was trying to push the industrial cleaner inside while holding one door open. When he saw me, he smiled warmly, holding the door for me exit, pushing his machine aside. I went right up to the door, stood there instead of walking out - held the door open for him so he could get his machine through. He looked so surprised. I said "Let me get the door for you this time"

He was most grateful. Look forward to our routine hello tomorrow. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment