Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 307: Help another mom with spilled milk

After I picked D up from school, we went grocery shopping. Of course, little M was in tow too. :) It never fails, when we go somewhere in Rochester, I either know someone or D does.I saw friends. D saw friends. We chatted with them. I love Rochester so much. I'm so happy this is our home. <3

Here's how incredible D is. M slept the entire time while we grocery shopped - except righttttt when we got to the check out lane. Of course that's when she'd wake up! Lol. As I was trying to unload the grocery cart and not be "one of those parents that has a baby crying", D quietly goes over to her sister and puts her pacifier in M's mouth. I looked over at my daughters and felt so much awe.


As we were about to leave I looked at D and knew I needed to do something special for. I asked her if she wanted to eat out, and we did. As we were at our table we noticed a mom trying to wrangle in her two daughters. One of the daughters was very exuberant...she ended up knocking over her drink and it went all over. I could tell the mom was stressed. We handed her some napkins quick and I smiled at her, knowing all to well what she was feeling.

We leave and arrive home. I knew M's diaper needed to be changed. I laid M on the changing pad, and D sat next to her while I unloaded the groceries from the car. By the time I got to them, D had already changed M's diaper - perfectly.

I now know why God sent me D years before I would have M. I'm pretty sure God knew I'd need D now. That she'd be the hope, love and spirit I would need in her tiny little self. I'm so thankful for her.

We showed a bit of kindness to another mom, and my daughter showed me kindness too.

Life is good <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment